Week 6 Posting

Hello everyone and welcome to week 6! Midterms already! We talked a lot about Windows 7 this week, and many business still use it. I personally dislike Windows 7 quite a bit, and skipped it altogether for personal use, along with Vista and 8 (I was a Mac user during those dark times). Anyway, Windows 10 is here, and I assume that's what most of you use on your home PC's, so this week I'm going to share a video with some Windows 10 performance increase/optimization tips, and give my thoughts on the video.
 

Overall, this has some good, although pretty basic, tips for increasing performance in Windows 10. The end of the video leans toward being a CCleaner advertisement, but it is a useful utility (I personally don't use it). He went over a lot of the privacy settings I covered in last weeks post, and got pretty in depth in regards to power settings. I would add, if you have a dedicated graphics card, check the utilities for that as well as any motherboard utilities you may have. These can be extremely useful in helping you get the most out of your system, allowing you to change cooling options, and in some cases, processor clock and memory speeds. 

Comments

Popular Posts